Is roof cleaning a good idea?
Is roof cleaning a good idea?
• DIY roof cleaning is NOT a good idea!
• Roof pressure washing (high or low) is NOT a good idea!
• A new roof is highly costly! Watching a roof deteriorate is not a good idea!
• Insurance Companies are now issuing "Cancellation Notices" to property owners with algae, moss, and lichen-infested roofs. Watching a roof deteriorate is not a good idea!
• Roof cleaning is a GREAT idea if one chooses the right roof cleaning service company.
• RoofGlo's 100% Zero Pressure Roof Cleaning Chemical Treatments can help extend the life of roof shingles and PVC roof membranes.
The rapidly growing horrific infestation on homeowners' and business owners' roofs have destroyed the curb appeal of most properties with asphalt roofs. Unfortunately, roof stains are labeled as a cosmetic issue and haphazardly misdiagnosed as jet fuel, tree sap, airplane waste, bad shingles, dirty roof, tree pollen, poor attic ventilation, shingle discoloration, or cheaply made roof shingles. As a result, some property owners ignore their expensive roof or watch it deteriorate until they have no option left but to replace it.
The unattractive roof infestation or roof stains are not simply a cosmetic issue; they are the scabbard/protective covering formed by aggressive algae, called Gloeocapsa Magma. Gloeocapsa Magma can affect the property owner as follows:
• Obviously, a Gloeocapsa Magma-infested roof makes a home or business look dirty, unattractive, unhealthy, and neglected!
• Gloeocapsa Magma not only looks terrible, it can contribute to the growth of mold, moss, and lichen, which can also cause damage to the roof shingle as well as cause other problems throughout the structure.
• Gloeocapsa Magma feeds on limestone, a component introduced into the shingle composition to add weight. Because Gloeocapsa Magma feeds on limestone, it can weaken the shingle, therefore, shortening the life of the roof shingle.
• Insurance Companies are now issuing "Cancellation Notices" to property owners with algae, moss, and lichen-infested roofs.
Many of our most recent customers were issued a "Cancellation Notice" from their Insurance Company to either replace the roof, have the roof properly cleaned, or face cancellation. Insurance Companies recognize the seriousness of algae, moss, and lichen-infested roof.
• A roof replacement only gives the appearance of a Gloeocapsa Magma-free roof for several years. Because Gloeocapsa Magma is an airborne spore, it can attach itself to a new roof, causing visible unattractive roof stains in approximately three to five years.
• Do not replace asphalt roof shingles prematurely. It can take up to 300 YEARS for asphalt roof shingles to decompose in a landfill.
WARNING: Always ask to see (verify) a roof cleaning company's state license, workers compensation insurance, general liability insurance, and multiple before and after photos with addresses before agreeing to any work performed on the property. Simply choosing a company based on reviews and the lowest price can be extremely costly to the property owner.
RoofGlo™. The Exclusive Zero Pressure Roof Cleaning and Building Cleaning Services Company.
Extending the Life of Roofs and Exterior Building Materials is our Mission.
RoofGlo™ can renew a property's image without pressure washing.
Virginia State License • Workers Compensation Insurance • Employers Liability Insurance • General Liability Insurance
Comments are closed.